9.7.10

Couch to 5k iPhone App

I have recently completed Week 5 Day 2 of the Couck to 5k training program and I can honestly say that I have never felt better about myself.

The 9 week program is a series of interval workouts that last about 30 minutes (including a 5 minute warm-up and cool-down). It starts off easy alternating 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for 20 minutes. As the weeks go on the intervals get harder and harder. For example on Tuesday I'm running Day 3 of Week 5, I'll be running 20 minutes straight! I've never been able to do anything like that before. That's the thing I really like about this system... it gets you to push yourself.

There are a ton of ways you can approach Couch 2 5k, from charts to playlists. I have found that the iPod application works best for me. The interface is SUPER easy (see below) and I am prompted on when I should jog or walk as I listen to my own playlists.


The app is $2.99 and is 3.2 MB, I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about running or who is looking to spice up their workout. 

I started off running on my treadmill and then graduated to the street (which in my opinion is the best was to run). I have picked up some cool gadgets and tricks along the way which I'll share later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment